.
.........................."We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God." - John Stott

Friday, May 1, 2009

Seven Promises of Forgiveness

.
Continued from Part II - What is Forgiveness?

(Pastor Jeff Kingery, Ronan, Montana, sermon Nov. 21, 2004)

Forgiveness does not come easily to most of us. So here are some steps we can follow to help us along, learning to Forgive...

Promises I make, between myself and God:
Stage 1)  I Promise....

· I will not return hurt to my "enemy."
· I will not keep thinking about the incident and brood over it.
· I will pray for my "enemy" and bless and not curse.


Stage 2) I Promise....

· I will not bring this incident up and use it against my "enemy."
· I will not talk about this incident to others. (Very, VERY Important...)
· I will not allow this incident to stand between us or hinder our relationship
· I will pray for healing and reconciliation as a brother/sister in Christ.

I will Promise and I will pray for these above points.

But...how do I pray for healing and reconciliation?  How do I cope with the tremendous pain I had felt, especially if this other person has not apologized, has not acknowledged being wrong, and remains difficult?

Part IV - Prayer for Dealing with Hurts -
.

No comments: