Continued from Part III, Seven Promises of Forgiveness
Steps in Prayer to find relief and release from the pain of having been hurt by someone -
Some like to have a Prayer Partner to walk through this with. Others prefer it to be just between them and God. Either way, Go before God in prayer and…
BLESS YOU -
- · Identify the hurt you feel.
- · Admit you are angry.
- · Admit you want to hurt back.
- · Acknowledge that hurting back is futile, damaging and increases evil.
- · Release the need and choose not to hurt back.
- · Absorb the hurt for Jesus' sake.
- · Turn your self and hurt over to God.
- · Turn your "enemy" over to God, trusting Him for justice.
- · Meditate on the justice and mercy of God
- · Feel your enemy's need for mercy in the face of God's justice.
- · Pray for your enemy from a heart of compassion.
- · Look beyond their faults and see their needs.
- · Respond to their needs rather than punish them for their faults.
- · Thank God for lifting the burden of justice from you and fore making you a minister of mercy, reconciliation and healing.
- · Worship God who is glorious in satisfying both justice and love.