· Control your tongue ("Bless those who curse you;" see also Eph. 4:29)
· Seek Godly advisors (identify with others and do not become isolated)
· Keep doing what is right (see 1 Pet. 2;12, 15; 3:15b-16)
· Recognize your limits (instead of retaliating, stay within proper biblical channels)
· Use the ultimate weapon: Deliberate, Focused Love (see also John 3:16; Luke 6:27-31)
I'm not saying that this is easy to do on one's own. In fact, try as we might, we'll never do all of that is right in every conflict. That's why we need Jesus.