.
.........................."We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God." - John Stott

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Krista Branch singing "I Am America" WOW!

.
Krista Branch is an amazing Christian artist with a new song that hits the hearts of frustrated Americans -  spot on. Her lyrics speak the words millions of us have been trying to express in our frustration with the direction the current administration has been going.

According to her Website at http://www.kristabranch.com :


Krista Gay (Weston) Branch was born in Texas in 1981. She developed a love for music at a very young age and was encouraged to persue her passion for singing. Krista sang often in her church and at the age of 12 she made up her mind to use her gifts to serve God.

As a teenager her and her siblings formed a group called "Slyde". During this time they performed with various Christian artists such as Zilch (DC Talks Band) and Al Denson to name a few. Through their ministry hundreds of pre-teens and teenagers came to know Jesus as their Savior.

She has traveled and used her gifts all over the United States as well as Guatamala and Slavakia where she performed for 20,000 teens in concerts, rallies, and school assemblies.

Krista was married in 2000 and began her solo career. She is a devoted wife and mother and currently leads praise and worship for her church, youth and kids camps, and continues to do concerts as well.




"Pay no attention to the people in the street
Crying out for accountability.
Make a joke of what we believe;
Say we don't matter 'cuz you disagree.
Pretend you're kings, sit on your throne;
Look down your nose at the peasants below.
I've got some news: we're taking names -
We're waiting now for the judgement day.

I am America:
One voice, United we stand.
I am America:
One hope to heal our land.
There is still work that must be done.
I will not rest until we've won.
I am America.

You preach you tolerance but lecture me.
Is there no end to your own hypocrisy.
Your god is power; you have no shame;
Your only interest is political gain.
You hide your eyes and refuse to listen;
You play your games and abuse the system.
You stuff your pockets while Rome is burning -
I've got a feeling that the tide is turning.

I am America:
One voice, United we stand.
I am America:
One hope to heal our land.
I will not give up on this fight.
I will not fade into the night.
I am America.

You stuff your pockets while Rome is burning -
I've got a feeling that the tide is turning!

I am America:
One voice, United we stand.
I am America:
One hope to heal our land.

I am America:
One voice, United we stand.
I am America:
One hope to heal our land.
I will not give up on this fight!
I will not fade into the night!
I am America.


Please support Krista & the song on iTunes here: http://bit.ly/92srAP

.

No comments: