.
.........................."We must be global Christians with a global vision because our God is a global God." - John Stott

Monday, June 29, 2009

The economy is destroying our business.

.
I run a restaurant, and in this economy, we are suffering terribly. I even thought of closing for good on Friday. But...

One of my young waiters had told me about his church. He's the son of migrant workers, and I, missing the worship we had when on mission trips to Juarez, went to their evening service last week. They prayed for our business & family.

Now, they are coming in here to eat, as one said, "instead of Burger King," and one woman offered to make authentic Mexican food for the menu, while another offered to help with whatever I need - volunteer- (when she can't be in the field.)

And a man is trying to fix our suburban so that we can still make it to Bible camp.

Thank you, Jesus. We serve an awesome, overcoming, God.
.

No comments: